Florida Companies to Watch celebrates growing second-stage companies headquartered in Florida. Companies to Watch was developed by the Edward Lowe Foundation as a unique way to recognize and honor second-stage companies that demonstrate high performance in the marketplace with innovative strategies and processes, making them “worth watching.” Presented by GrowFL, in association with Edward Lowe Foundation, Florida Companies to Watch is an awards program like no other. We all have a compelling story to tell. We encourage you to tell yours!
Companies from across the state and all industries may participate. Selection is based on steady growth in employee counts and revenue as well as strength in leadership, corporate culture, community support and philanthropy, innovation in management or technology, or other factors that contribute to an outstanding organization.
2017 Applications are now closed – honorees will be announced mid-July.
The Florida Companies to Watch Award submission consists of a two-step application process.
- Companies submit Round 1 applications. Round 1 Applications will be reviewed by panel of judges who will select a list of Finalists.
- Finalists will be asked to complete a Round 2 Application.
All Finalists that complete a Round 2 application will be judged by a select panel of economic development, education and entrepreneurial leaders from throughout Florida. Companies will also go through a due diligence process prior to being selected as a honoree of the 2017 Florida Companies to Watch.
- Please note that the application process will not run on a mobile device. Please prepare to complete your application on a computer.
- Chrome is the recommended browser for this application.
- Click Here to view a sample copy of the Application Form and Questions.
To be eligible to apply for the 2017 Florida Companies to Watch award, a company must meet the following for the year ending 2016:
- Be privately held commercial enterprise headquartered in Florida (not publicly traded, subsidiary or division of another company or nonprofit); and
- Employ 6 to 150 full-time equivalent W-2 employees, including the owner; and
- Have between $750,000 up to $100 million in annual revenue or working capital from investors or grants; and
- Have not won this award in the past; and
- Demonstrate an intent and capacity to grow based on evidence such as:
- Employee or sales growth
- Exceptional entrepreneurial leadership
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Other notable factors that showcase the company’s success
Florida Companies to Watch – February 10, 2018
Saturday, February 10, 2018
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Straz Center for the Performing Arts
1010 N Macinnes Pl,
Tampa, FL 33602
Join us on Saturday, February 10, 2018 for the seventh annual Florida Companies to Watch awards program. Over the last six years, 300 companies from throughout Florida have been recognized at our elite event, which will be held at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa, FL.Click for more information...