CLICK HERE to start your application. The deadline to submit the application is May 5, 2017 at 5:00pm.
To be eligible to win the award, your company must meet the following criteria for the year ending 2016:
A company must meet the following for the year ending 2016:
- Be privately held commercial enterprise headquartered in Florida (not publicly traded, subsidiary or division of another company or nonprofit).
- Employ 6 to 150 full-time equivalent W-2 employees, including the owner.
- Have between $750,000 and $100 million in annual revenue or working capital from investors or grants.
- Have not won this award in the past.
- Demonstrate an intent and capacity to grow based on evidence such as:
- Employee or sales growth
- Exceptional entrepreneurial leadership
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Other factors that showcase the company’s success
Companies can be considered for the Award Program in one of two ways: (1) anyone who is associated with a successful second-stage company can nominate a candidate by completing a nomination form on behalf of the nominee and (2) companies may simply submit an application form. Third parties that may participate in the nomination process include journalists, employees, bankers, attorneys, chambers of commerce or small business organizations
If you are selected as a winner of the 2017 Florida Companies to Watch award, you will not simply make it on a list. Some of the benefits include:
- Special recognition at the Florida Companies to Watch event on October 14, 2017 at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa, attended by business and government leaders from across the state.
- 2 Complimentary tickets to the event (extra seats are available for purchase).
- Trophy inscribed with your company’s name.
- Increased exposure to the media.
- A graphic announcing your company as an award winner (to be used on your website or in marketing materials).
- Recognition of your company in Florida Trend and I4 Business.
- Invitation to participate in future Florida Companies to Watch events, including a leaders retreat specifically designed for Companies to Watch award recipients.
This is a prestigious award and we encourage you to start your application as soon as possible. The deadline to submit a completed application is May 5, 2017 at 5:00pm. You may start your application and come back to it at a later date, but please be sure to save your changes as you go. CLICK HERE to start your application.